Sunday, June 5, 2016

Route 66... Happy Harley Gurl is Back!

After a hiatus on my blog... It's time to return to share our journeys.  It's been a wild couple of years and we've had a few fun trips - I just failed to write about them. Great memories...just in my head!  

It's always exciting planning a road trip but this one is especially thrilling because in 2014 we decided that "someday" we'd do Route 66 and this year we are!  Woohoo!  

We left on Friday, June 3 and started our day at Carl's Cafe, which is our favorite local diner owned by our good friend Lisa Parker.  We try to start all our big trips with a hearty breakfast and lots of coffee!  Lisa is an incredible cook and her diner is the best in Salt Lake City!   We had a great send off with lots of friends - once I get the photo from Chris Butte - I'll post our group photo.    

Our Route 66 journey will take us through Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas and Arizona.  Our first stop of the night will be Ouray, Colorado.  This trip includes, me and Randy, Ed and Stephanie, Kevin is riding single (we're missing Becky) and Richard.  We also spent a couple of days with Blake and Cecil who rode with us to Pagosa Springs. 

That's all for now... Breakfast and the Mother Road is calling me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment