Friday, April 25, 2014

Three's a Charm

After a fabulous send off at Carl's Cafe we headed west to Tonapah, NV and immediately turned east back home.   What? Home?

My jacket zipper (the nicest one HD makes) broke leading us right back home to grab another one.  As a Harley Fashionista, I have  few to choose from.  Then on the backside of Utah Lake we discovered that my detachable saddle bag was detaching!  Not a good thing.  Stopped fixed and onward.  Finally, heading toward Eureka, I accidently turned off my bike.  Yes, I know an amatuer mistake - I quickly recovered and kept going.   Three odd things all within the first 2 hours of our trip.  I'm good for the rest of the ride.

Snaked our way through the beautiful Nevada desert which is more gorgeous than I thought it would be.  (more about that later).   We landed at the A Le' Inn after riding the Extraterestrial HIghway.  The boys Randy, Richard and Ed wanted to steal the spaceship and take off.  They opted for their bikes instead. 

Windy and at sunset we headed off for Tonapah, 120 more miles west and on barely enough gas to make it but we did.  There's a consipracy theory I'm working on as to why there is no gas between Caliente and Tonapah.  Aliens, government, Area 51 I know it's a conspiracy.



Thursday was a milestone for me, 550 miles in one day, I usually ride about 400-450. I know for some tha's nothing but for me - it's something!   Friday, it's chilly, windy and about 48. We're on our way through Death Valley National Park and will spend the night with my high school best friend Denise and her husband Dave in Crestline, CA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment