Wednesday, June 11, 2014

UFO... The Roswell Incident

On Thursday, June 6, the weather forecast for Roswell was going to be 107 degrees! We decide to head out early to ride in cooler weather as much as possible. However, what I didn't plan on was the time change! When we crossed over the New Mexico border we went from Central Time to Mountain Time which added another hour to our riding! My GPS stated that we'd arrive in Roswell at 1:15 pm and we left Texas at 8:45 am. I had in my mind 4-1/2 hours to ride and I was OK with that. I set my mind for that and knew I'd be out of the sun soon. Imagine my surprise when at 12 noon, right as the heat of the day was starting to kick our butts, I learn I have two more hours to ride, not one! I literally have a meltdown in the Texas sun! Downing lots of water and getting my mind wrapped around 2 hours more helped me keep going. That and the patience and support of Randy. The heat never seems to bother him.



We arrive in Roswell, right on time 1:15 pm MST! 


 Stop for a quick lunch and head right to the UFO Museum. We parked right out front and I know Randy has been waiting for this day for almost the whole trip.

Randy is an avid Discovery and History Channel enthusiast and he watches virtually every TV show on UFO's. We've been to Area 51 in Nevada, once a couple of years ago and on our very first day of our "coast to coast" journey. So naturally, Roswell was a must see.









































The UFO Museum has a wall of comics dedicated to the UFO incident. I'm a huge fan of "The Jetson's" and loved this cartoon.



The UFO Museum provides lots of information about the 1947 UFO incident where an alien ship with four aliens crashed in the Roswell desert. It's interesting to read all the information about the government coverup. When you see the contrast of the Roswell resident's stories about the UFO crash versus the government explanation, it's clear that there is a government conspiracy to hide the truth. After seeing all the displays and reading the personal accounts of Roswell residents, I'm a believer that something "alien" happened in Roswell.



A side note, we originally were going to go to Carlsbad Caverns which would have taken us west a little out of our way. Southern New Mexico and Texas was experiencing a major heat wave and we just couldn't stand the thought of riding an extra few hours in weather that was over 100 degrees. So we made the decision to bypass Carlsbad Caverns and save it for another trip. We were disappointed but sometimes you just can't do it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment